Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Not much going on

I haven't blogged since last month. I know all you reader out there must be wondering, "What is Snoopy up to?" Not much. No, that's a lie. I've been knitting--a knitting fool. Knit. Knit. Knit. That's all I do. It's very theraputic. To date, I've made two wash cloths, six scarves, and four hats. I'm currently working on the alien illusion scarf which can be found in the first Stitch N' Bitch book. My next project is to knit a babysitter.
I could rant about how upsetting this past election has been for me, but there are countless other blogs and rants on this very subject. I have nothing new to say, and I couldn't articulate things as well as many others can. Still, I sit here with my John Kerry shirt on, hopeful that eventually this country will get back on track. Here's to 2008.

Oh, my sister-in-law sent me a box that contains tons of leather samples that her company no longer needs. I am super excited about making all sorts of projects, like business card holders, coin purses, wallets, keychains, leather flower pins, barrettes. Ooh, it'd be cool to make a stuffed animal cow. All I need is a needle for sewing leather for my sewing machine.

I need to get off my ass and start that quilt I promised to make. I don't know why I suggested I do this project. Sewing jersey material--in a quilt no less--is not my idea of a fun time. I have to put interfacing on the back so it doesn't stretch out. And I really want this to look good, but how nice can a t-shirt quilt look? It's not going to really match, and I don't want it to take too much time, but it seems like quilts inherently are time consuming. Okay, by Christmas it will be done. Or New Year's. Definitely by August.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!