Sunday, October 08, 2006
Ten years
So my ten year high school reunion is this coming Saturday. It's gonna be in downtown San Ho. I'm kinda looking forward to it. I'm kinda not. Because the cost of the ticket was waived for me since I designed the invitations, I will definitely be there, as will Tom. In my mind I have the scene played out of how everyone will be oohing and aahing at my success, brains, and beauty (as well as seething with jealousy). But the reality of it is that I'm sure it will just be as awkward, clique-ish and sophomoric as high school itself, only slightly more ridiculous since we are all 10 years older, in our upper 20's, going on 30! You know, the nerds will be on one side, the popular kids on the other. I'll be on the nerd side, but could probably hang with those "popular" kids without being laughed at too much, at least for a little bit before I skulk back over to the nerd side. My goal is to get the valedictorians drunk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It will be exactly as you've imagined and described in this post. Very few people truly change and stray from where they were 10 years ago. For some, the reunion seems to be a second chance -- you know, that one guy who always wanted to hook up with a certain cheerleader...? Yep, he'll be there trying to do it again at the reunion. Just you wait! Looking forward to hearing the details!
ReplyDeleteditto to what cherl said. It will be just as you described. Everyone will form into the same little groups. I went to mine a few years back and it was so lame. Although I still remember the best part: I was talking to a friend of mine and he said "you look even YOUNGER than you did in high school!"...hmm. maybe he was just trying to get a hug/kiss or something out of me.
ReplyDelete