Pages

Monday, November 13, 2006

Yarn Splurge

Moss
This past weekend I was down in The OC for a quick visit with my brother and sister-in-law. They live down the street from this great little yarn shop that carries, well, yarn. The last time I splurged on yarn was about a year ago, when I was last at this particular store. I still haven't used that yarn that I bought from that time because I had/have no project in mind, but this time, I know what I'm going to do with my treasures. I bought some beautiful Manos del Uruguay handspun that you can read about here for more information on the yarn.
Closeup
I had planned on making Tom a scarf with it, but he doesn't want it so I'll be making it for myself, of which he'll be more than welcome to borrow. I also bought a skein of handpainted superwash merino wool that I'll be using to make a pair of fingerless mittens.
Handpainted Lori Lawson (of Capistrano Fiber Arts), the helpful and friendly woman who handpainted this yarn told me that this little skein holds enough yarn to make a pair. I told her that I couldn't believe it, but she assured me that one skein is enough so if it ends up being false, you can bet that I'm going to knit a noose and strangle her with it.

Yay for the cold weather that is finally here--a perfect excuse to knit!

1 comment:

  1. oh my, that yarn looks soooo yummy. I'm in love with both of those. I must find and order that yarn : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!