Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Checking in

I think about blogging all the time, but rarely do I ever get off my lazy ass and blog. Actually, I don't even need to get off my ass since I sit while I type. So here I am again.

I've been knitting a whole lot. Since my last sweater completion, I've knit another sweater, two baby hats, a bra, two small bags, striped legwarmers for Yoshi, a lace shawl, and a small zippered purse with tiny crystal beads. I need to photograph these things and upload them here and show them off so I can get some validation from others. Tom is sick of listening to me brag about my lace. I think he's just jealous.

What else... work keeps me busy. I'm almost finished with a wedding set for my friend. I made her wedding invitations, bridal shower invites, bachelorette invites, 275 programs (24-page booklets!), name cards, and table numbers. I just have to make the thank-you cards and I'll be finished, but that will wait until the bride and groom get back from their honeymoon next month. I'm thrilled with how it all turned out. And even more exciting to attend their wedding this Saturday!! More details on that in other post (unless I am too lazy to write, which has been known to happen).

Last Saturday I ran a 5K (actually it was 3.3 miles) race for the Haas team at the annual C4C Sport Weekend at Stanford with a bunch of West Coast business schools: UW, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Pepperdine, UC Davis, UC Irvine, and of course Cal. I ran in the co-ed division. We didn't place in that division. And I messed up my left knee sometime on that run because afterwards when I watched the dodgeball tournament my knee started doing this double clicking sound when I walked and it felt all spongy, not unlike that dogdeball. I think I may have hyperextended it. The good news is that it doesn't hurt when I run. The bad news is that it hurts to walk. I've been icing my knee and wearing my brace so hopefully it'll be in ship shape by the time The Relay rolls around (two weeks!).

Also last Saturday was our wedding anniversary. We celebrated by gorging ourselves on chocolate cake and getting tipsy (or drunk, it's a matter of perspective) from champagne sipped from our fancy schmamcy Waterford crystal (the only crystal we have) that I brought down from storage.

Blogging makes me tired. Or maybe it's the alcohol I'm drinking. Time for bed. Maybe, just maybe, I'll blog some more tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. ---

    miss you. hope you are good

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOkCASJAM3c

    ---

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!