Let me preface this with: "I'm a little drunk." I'm just rambling.
Tonight I'm using Tom's sleek Macbook while he uses my old Powerbook since I have applications on my computer that he doesn't have (Adobe CS2). His laptop makes me want to get a new one, specifically the Macbook Pro.
Why, oh why does Apple come out with such lovely products that I cannot help but want? It truly is a lifestyle, being mac prolific. I want the Mac Mini (depsite claims of its demise). I would love to get a large Cinema display. And that TV tuner thing looks cool too. I'd also love to live in a sleek home with everything clean and well designed, but I have way too much stuff plus a love for things old too that would cramp that ultra modern style. *sigh*
What else is new... We're looking for a place to live in San Francisco. Not buying, but renting. And renting in the city is possibly just as crazy as trying to buy something. It involves going to open houses, writing letters of pleas to the landlord, and thus getting rejected. There was this awesomely, lovely, eccentric, cool cottage with a lush and lavishly landscaped front garden that is so rare in the city, in the perfect neighborhood at a great price, but alas we didn't get it. I was a bit crushed. But it made me hopeful that we would be able to find something decent in our pricerange after seeing that home. Ideally I'd like to move before we take off for our trip to Japan, but we'll see. The good thing about living here is that things can move at a fast pace so things happen quickly so who knows, maybe by this weekend we'll have a lease signed. Then we can get the hell out of Emeryville, or E-ville (get it, evil?) as I like to call it.
Now don't get me wrong. Emeryville has a lot of great things. But it's a small city and it's next to a shady part of Oakland and it gets old fast. Everyone knows my heart belongs to San Francisco. I remember back in high school my friend and I both dreamed of living in SF. And while the City was only 50 miles of where we grew up, it felt so far away. I'm glad that our dreams can become a reality. We're pretty lucky!
I've been taking care of Yoshi while she's out of preschool. It's been fun and challenging at the same time. While we do have some really good times, we both get really frustrated with each other too. It's pretty much impossible for me to do any work on the computer. And she demands my attention for most of the day. Plus she has taken to ignoring naps, which just puts her in a cranky mood and me in an even worse mood. But on the upside, we get lots of cuddles, play time, and general silliness which is good for bonding and good for the soul. I do try to cherish these times together as I know she'll grow up fast and no longer will want to be so close to me and be my baby.
Speaking of Yoshi and growing up, Yoshi is growing up! Her sentences are even more complex, her understanding of emotions and the way the world works is expanding at an incredible rate. This afternoon, the timer I set for my tea brewing went off. Yoshi heard the timer alarm, patted me on the back and said, "Mommy, you're tea is ready, go ahead and get your tea!" in a voice that was very understanding and pampering at the same time, as if to say, "I know you need your tea to get through the rest of the day."
Okay, I gotta get to bed and pass out.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!