
I finally jumped on the DIY photographer's lightbox bandwagon and made my very own based on this tutorial from strobist. While there is usually a plethora of boxes in the recycling bins in the parking garage, it just so happened to be pick-up day so the bins weren't accessible to me. I did find a box in our storage area (known around these parts as "up up up") that held some fabric given to me by my sister-in-law. I dumped the fabric out and promptly cut up the box into three walls with frames. I covered the area with translucent paper that was lying around (I didn't have any regular tissue paper on hand). Since Yoshi was with me "helping" me with my project, I decided she should have a lightbox of her own so we made one using a shoebox and the scrap translucent papers. She did a great job taping everything together.
I then went to Ikea and bought two inexpensive lamps to use as my light source. I set up everything and then started taking pics. The photo above is my phone. I love that camera pic of Yoshi; she looks so anime with her big eyes.
Here is a still life using Yoshi's toys:

And here is a thank-you card, hand screen printed by yours truly:

I still need to play around with the lighting and the camera settings to perfect it. Plus it would help if I had a true white background instead of the cream colored paper I've been using. I also haven't figured out the right adjustment to get the correct shade of blue (another background paper color), but I'll save that for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!