Pages

Friday, July 06, 2007

I'm back!


I was only in Japan for 10 days, but it was enough time to whet my appetite to go back, hopefully not too far in the distant future. Tom and I took gobs of photos, some of which you can see here.

I did manage to buy some yarn in the craft section of a high end department store called Daimaru in Kyoto. It's Richmore brand Kasane yarn in 100% silk, which was about 1000 yen for a small 20 gram ball of 80m of yarn. Notice the description in Engrish.


Any ideas what I should make with such a small amount of yarn [Christy, this is a plea for help!]? I'm thinking Perdita from Knitty or some other similar wrist cuff type thing. I wanted to buy more yarn, but it was a little pricey and I honestly had very little extra space for souvenirs (we actually tossed 3 pairs of pants to create more space) so I had to choose my goodies wisely.

I'll be writing more detailed accounts of my adventures in Japan, so check back often!

2 comments:

  1. I see that this post is almost a year old, but I was goggling Kasane yarn, as I bought3 skeins of this when in Hong Kong almost a year ago. I was wondering what you ever did with yours, but I was also wondering the yardage. I'm planning to make the lace ribbon scarf from knitty out of it, hopefully I'll have enough,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about 74 yards. I made a small scarf out of the one skein using an arrowhead lace stitch. If you're on Ravelry you can see my "Japan Yarn Scarf" under projects (my username is Akemi). I also added the yarn to the database so you can get some more details, albeit limited.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!