Friday, March 21, 2008
Bum knee
I hurt my knee Saturday morning. No, not during the run, but before that, in the morning. I put on some Spanish music and did my interpretation of the Flamenco. As I twirled around in an amazing circle, I must have twisted my knee. I did the group run with the training group, but my knee was killing me. I have to take some time off. Wahh!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wahhh!!!
ReplyDeleteAre you running again now?
I'm running, just not as much as I'd like. I took a week off, then managed a 10 mile run with the training group, then had to take another 5 days off. From my total lack of medical knowledge, I self-diagnose myself with water-on-the-knee and some sort of ligament injury. Who knows, really. Lots of icing and Ibuprofen and glucosamine happening here. Looking down at my left knee, the outerpart of it has some fluid buildup, and the inner part feels like this weird rolling ligament thing when I run.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't really hurt now, but it feels slightly disconcerting when I run, especially when hills are involved (practically unavoidable here). I'm trying to take it easy, but I still want to train for The Relay two weeks from now.
I was getting to be in such great shape until this stupid injury. Grr!