
This morning I fared a "character building" run. That is my positive/optimistic way of saying it was a motherfuckin' shitty-ass run. I haven't had such a difficult run in a long, long time. This was my worst 12 miler. It made last week's 19 miler seem like a piece of cake. Today's run was hilly, way too hilly, even for San Francisco. I actually doubted my ability to finish the run when I was about 4 miles into it, which is rare for me. You can see the course elevation profile at the bottom of the image. Pretty ugly considering these long runs are supposed to be easy (except for the distance).
There were also not enough opportunities to fill up our water bottles and the runners were already dehydrated before we found a place to rehydrate. I don't think anyone had a good run, which is unfortunate because we all thought we'd have an easy time since it was a "down" week of only 12 miles (as opposed to last week's 19 miles and next week's 20). But man, this was terrible. I was so glad when it was over.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!