Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Lazy Friday

I wasn't productive in terms of getting work done today. I pretty much just sat on my bum and watched hulu.com. Bleah.

So I watched Lost In Translation again, starring the awesome Bill Murray and kick-ass Ms. Scarlet Johansson. There's a quote that I've always loved that Bill's character says at one point, which is describing his view of having kids.

Bob: It gets a whole lot more complicated when you have kids.
Charlotte: It's scary.
Bob: The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born.
Charlotte: Nobody ever tells you that.
Bob: Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life.
Charlotte: That's nice.


It's really true, the part about your child being the most delightful person. At the end of the day, Tom and I often take a few moments to reflect on any Yoshi-isms and Yoshi-moments that happened. It's one of the highlights of our days and we always laugh over them. One of the most recent ones was at the dinner table Wednesday where Yoshi and I were eating (Tom was out for an evening group run). She had a glass of water with two melting ice cubes floating. She looks down into her glass and says, "That one looks like chicken!" And I look at the ice and sure enough, one is shaped like a drumstick. I probe this chicken ice further and ask Yoshi how it looks like a chicken, to which she replies, "You know, it's fat on one side and then skinny on the other, and you eat it like this" And she shows me how one would munch on a drumstick.

I then ask her what the other ice cube is shaped like. I tell her, "To me it looks like a shark tooth." She tells me I'm wrong. "No, it's chicken's friend." And then she takes a drink and Chicken's Friend goes in her mouth. She crunches on the ice. "Where's Chicken's Friend?" I ask. "On vacation! Chicken's Friend is on vacation." chomp chomp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!