Happy New Year! Better late than never, right?
I had this unoriginal idea of posting photos from last year, recapping events from each month. I noticed people doing this on their blogs and loved reading them and looking at their photos. Really neat stuff. I wanted to do it. But then, like Tom will attest to, put way too much thought into it trying to make it perfect and then abandoned the whole idea completely because I got overwhelmed.
Instead, I committed to Project 365 where I would photograph and post one picture a day. Some people do a self-portrait for the year. I knew I would run out of creativity by day 20. So I am happy with just taking a photo of anything. The intention is for me to carry the camera around everywhere I go in case inspiration hits, but I get lazy and end up leaving it at home because I don't want to carry the thing for the 4 miles I walk, half of it with Yoshi and her stuff, and lately in the rain. It's hard to take photos holding an umbrella in one hand and a 6 year old in the other. Usually you will see me scrambling around 10pm every night in my house, trying to get a decent shot. I've got a way to go before I'm anywhere near mastering my Speedlight, but at least my night photography gives me ample opportunities.
Yoshi received a few lego sets for Christmas, and I think I've played with them more than she has. Don't get me wrong, the kid loves them. But I think I love them more. I have already subjected friends and family to playing with Legos when they visit at my house. But I think they enjoy the legos too.
I have a feeling that a bunch of filler photos for my Project 365 will end up being random Lego creations. The Lego has a really fun plastic-y quality to them when photographed. 'Cause, duh, they're plastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!