I cast on for a simple knitted tunic 3 months ago and have made very little progress. I'm sure I'll like it enough when it's done, but honestly, I'm very uninspired to knit it. Or maybe I won't like it at all when (and IF) it's finished. Who knows? But I now realize that I don't like knitting with lace mohair, at least by itself. I can't get into a rhythm with it. Maybe if I knit it doubled with something else it satisfy me more. It had been weeks—maybe a month—since I knit anything. This morning I picked the project back up, knit exactly one row, and then put it back in it's box stored under the coffee table. And then I cleaned the house.
I recently went to OC for a week to visit Eric, Wendy, and Ellie. I didn't even bring my knitting. And it's not like I forgot it; I consciously did not pack it. And I didn't miss it. Who am I?!
Saturday, July 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
whoa ... dude. you are NOT feelin' your project. I know your a one project on the needles kind of gal. But this might be time to switch it up. Either hibernate it or move on. Find something fun. Embrace the knit. Whatcha want baby? I know Ravelry has something ELSE w/your name on it.
ReplyDeleteThen again ... it could just be the summer knitting blahs.
I know you are knitting the hell out of that Tunic now.
ReplyDeleteWhat about creating your own design Denise? You are so creative. I think it's time to turn the yarnmaster out.
Get it Girl!
Let's knit together soon. Just don't laugh at my slow stockinette ;)