Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Coffee

This morning before work, Daniel and I venture to Cafe Flore, after we have a five-minute impromptu dance party listening to Neneh Cherry's newest release on my phone in front of our kids' school. Despite him being absurdly busy, he always makes time for me, knows everything going on in my life, and has helped me through some of my most difficult moments of recent years since we became friends. And while he rarely asks for help, I support him in any way that I can, which is usually through means of a listening ear, but usually as a drinking partner. Maybe that's how we get along best!

Over coffee, we catch each other up on our lives. He tells me about his latest work event he and his wife did, he tells me a little about the latest book he's reading, which is usually in his hand. He listens to my craziness and somehow makes me feel less crazy, at least for that moment, as he gives me his perspective on things.

And when it's time to go, I feel better than I did prior to the coffee, comforted by the drink and the friendship.

1 comment:

  1. I love that we have friends who give us space to authentically express ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!