Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

The month

My birthday month is on its home stretch. I can't say that it's been wild, but it has been mostly nice, save for the part when the friend-boy broke up with me three days before my birthday. Sigh. It was a good run while it lasted.

To sum up the month so far:
- hair still blonde, gonna rock it to October as I'm getting even more compliments with the dark roots.
-spent my birthday-eve on a [rebound] date. exactly what I needed (truly).
- gigi cheered me up for my bday and planned everything out: dinner reservations for our group, found a dance club to go to, made sure I got home safely. he's become quite a good friend.
- danced a ton on my birthday! saw a mash-up band. so good!
- bought new makeup, but not much. the freebie perfume samples is a nice bonus.
- read a couple books: 1) the new (or rather, old) Murakami book(s), and 2) soon-to-be-movie, The Martian.
- started knitting
- applied to a job (but haven't heard back this week, so seeming less confident about even getting to a phone screen)
- getting more responsibilities at current job, which is mostly nice.
- spending time with friends
- my favorite dancer (Bboy) was on a reality show about his startup on the SyFy channel, call the Bazillion Dollar Club (check it out free on iTunes!). and my photos of him were on TV!
- I decided I want to update the art on my walls with my friends' photography. I just had my Brooklyn Gentleman Friend's photo printed out and mounted on a bamboo panel. It looks fantastic and I'm so in love with that photo. We had the following [texting] convo:
Me: is it creepy that i want to print out your IG post of those mountains? It seriously is so dreamy. I could stare at that for hours. 
BGF: If I didn't see it myself I wouldn't have believed it
Nothing like that here on the east coast
People don't even know
They think there's nature here and but west coast will always win
No contest
What else....
- might go to Yosemite this weekend. but with three other families (Yoshi's good friends)... and Tom. Our annual family "camping" trip (more like, renting a nice AirBnB in a gated community near a lake). But spending my so-called parent-free weekend with my Ex isn't an ideal way to spend my time. Oh, the sacrifices for The Kid.
- more good times with friends before the month is up.

So this low-key month has me hankering for some more excitement. I want to go to NY again, but when it's cold. Maybe January. Plus I need to deliver Nicky some granola! :)

Speaking of cold, I'm looking forward to the brisk fall. Is that going to happen here? It's too damn hot in San Francisco these days. My face feels like melting off.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the breakup and I really want to cuss him out because you're totally amazing. His loss I say and let me leave it at that. No platitudes here just understanding. Dating sucks as we get older ...

    Sounds like the month was a mixed bag but I like that you're taking it all in stride. I agree a January visit to NY is a must. Already planning which day I can take off from work to hangout LOLOL! I want my granola! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!