Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Happy Spring

Everything is weird and scary and uncertain. All I can do is try to stay positive and maintain social distance from everyone. Both are difficult and important.

But! Today's the first day of spring. The weather was gorgeous. Yoshi, her pup and I made it to Ocean Beach (zero points for name creativity there). Thankfully, exercise is still allowed under social distancing parameters. Yoshi and I ran around with Aurora. We laughed and took in the sunshine and the ocean waves. Other people were out keeping their safe distance. We said hellos and enjoyed all the dogs running around.

It was soothing in a time of angst.

What else... being a homebody is in full swing. Knitted a little roll of toilet paper. Gave it to Yosh as a pandemic present. She was genuinely happy, and that made me happy.

I've been playing Nintendo Switch with her. Today we finished Yoshi's Crafted World. She was Pink Yoshi. I was Orange Yoshi. I'm not a good Yoshi apparently. Yoshi is a great Yoshi, naturally. She tolerated my terrible skills.

I mended my cotton robe that had a tear. Sewing is much faster than knitting, but not as calming.

I'm caught up on Westworld. I binged the second season in two days and watched the season premiere of the third season last night. I'm curious to see how the storylines will work their way together this time.

I've checked on my elderly neighbor a couple times. He says he's fine so far, and he knows he can reach out to me if he needs anything, like groceries and such. "Stay safe out on the streets!" he says. "You too," I say. He really shouldn't be outside at all, but I can't tie him up.

Tomorrow hopefully is a volunteer day for Yoshi and me at the food bank, if they need it. It'll be good to help out. Yoshi has been begging to volunteer. I'm not sure if it's simply a desire to get out, or because she needs volunteer hours to fulfill her school's graduation requirement, or if she truly wants to help. Whatever the reason, it's great to see her excited about something.

Tonight, early bedtime. Maybe I'll sleep through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!