Mussat is my car. He's a VW Passat named after my favorite handmade doll, Mu (say "moo"). Mu + Passat = Mussat. One time in SF we parked behind another Passat with a license plate that said, "Wassat." Long lost cousins. A great Mussat moment.
Mussat failed his smog test today on two accounts. After speaking with my trusted mechanic, he said that there may be a way to get the car to pass without having to replace the ABS computer (about 800 smackeroos). I've been avoiding getting the computer replaced even though every single time I start the car, Mussat gives off this high pitched, effeminate beeping noise and says, "STOP -- BRAKE FAILURE" which always freaks out the occasional passenger. Don't worry. The brakes still work.
Mussat feels inadequate for failing his test. I guess he's no longer a baby as he's 7 years old now. But shhhh, don't tell him that.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Mussat...my much older car just passed her test-only smog test with flying colors. I was worried too, but before I went, I added a bottle of Techron and filled the car up with premium gas. Drove it until the gas ran out and made sure it was warmed up before going in. I also like the smog station at Valencia and Cesar Chavez.
ReplyDeleteYou usually google yourself to meet distant relatives or unknown news about your family but this appearence might be the strangest one ever. I don't know wether to feel bad or happy with this discovery. Anyway, I have to stand un in behalf of the honor of my last name. Could you at least use only one "s"?
ReplyDelete