Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1000 cranes



Not too long ago our friends Jereme and Ariel got married.

Tom was the officiant,


Yoshi was the flower girl,


and I made the invitations.


Ariel folded 1000 origami cranes that decorated the wedding and reception site. It is said in Japanese culture that if a person folds 1000 cranes and make a wish, the wish will come true. I took a photo of the cranes that hung from the bamboo arch that they were married under.



This crane photo made it into the top 12 final photo submissions for JPG Magazine's photo challenge, the theme being "folded paper." I'm pretty stoked. Tom and I tried to take some creative paper themed shots for this challenge, but none of them turned out as well as our vision. So in the end I submitted the crane photo. Looks like I shouldn't try so hard to take the perfect shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!