Pages

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Happy December!

It's officially the Holiday Season. I kicked it off and bought things for myself. I'm greedy and I enjoy a good sale. I plan to make the majority of my gifts.

Last night Yoshimi's kindergarten class had a dance performance. It was an interpretive dance about the cycles of water. Together the class moved along to their version of ice, melting, puddles, evaporation, cloud, rain, and river. It was super cute. I wish I had taken a video or at least pictures of it. Perhaps a fellow parent will share their pictures.

After the performance, we walked home. On the way though, we stopped at the local x-mas tree lot that benefits a local non-profit, the Delancy Street Foundation. We picked out a nice tree. Not too big, not too small. Still, my arms are sore today from carrying it home. It's always fun to trek through the city on foot with a Christmas tree.

Tonight we decorated the tree. "It's so beautiful!" exclaimed Yoshi after she topped off the tree with the glittery star and plugged in the xmas lights and saw it in all it's glory.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!