Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Yay, knitting again!

It has been too long since I last picked up the needles. I've got some downtime taking care of Yoshi while she recovers from getting her tonsils/adenoids/lingual frenulum removed, so might as well knit something when there isn't work to be done.

Elns gifted me some gorgeous Madelinetosh yarn last year, in variegated shades of green, as we celebrated Pantone's color of the year with an emerald-themed dinner party. And it's embarrassingly taken me this long to do something with it because I was waiting for the perfect project to beckon me. Sometimes I think too much about things when I should just dive right in.

I decided to knit myself a hat. Yay! Unlike Elns, who is so generous with her knitting, I'm pretty selfish; rarely do I knit for others. It's nice to take up old habits again.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yours was probably one of the most intricate pieces I've made for anyone.

      Delete
  2. Loved the project. The colour, pattern and the fit.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!