Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lazy day

I can't say I did much of anything today. I didn't even brush my teeth until after lunch. Yeesh.

Granted, I wasn't feeling so hot this morning.

However, I did manage to hand wash some clothes and tidy up my apartment. And tonight I went grocery shopping because I needed coffee and chocolate ice cream. Yes, these are needs.

My landlord is raising my rent 1%, which means I've been here for a year. Where did the time go? There are still a couple of boxes I haven't unpacked. Hmmm... Makes me think I should just get rid of them if I can go 12 months without needing whatever's inside. I somehow thought that my apartment would be more better organized by now, but I guess that doesn't magically happen on it's own.

Yoshi starts 6th grade Monday. I don't feel old enough to have a middle schooler on my hands, and yet, here we are. A few weeks ago she pointed out all my grey hair growing in.
Yoshi: It's not grey. It's white. White hair. You can really see it against your black hair. 
Me: Yes, Yoshi. Thanks for the correction.
Yoshi: It doesn't look bad. You're just old.
Me: Again. Thank you, I think.
Sigh. I hope it all grows in as a streak of white.

Does this mean I'm too old to be hitting up the bars and going dancing? For sure not. I figure if I'm still getting carded (and occasionally almost not getting in! wtf?), then I'm okay.

Tomorrow, my goal is to be less lazy. Maybe even make it outside while there's daylight to be enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. LOLOL! Yoshi is the best! I love how she's just so nonchalant about the errrrr ... new hair ... :P ... and the fact that she thinks you're old! You're so not!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!