Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. It was nice. It went more or less like this:

Morning cuddles with Yoshi. Then the mad dash to get ready for our days. We enjoyed a quick breakfast before school at Thorough Bread, which is where we also ate for last year's birthday. Their coffee was expectedly underwhelming. 

Then I met with a few of my Secret Breakfast Club parent-friends for a quick visit. 

I walked to work and enjoyed the sunshine.

My team brought me birthday treats! They know what I like.

M gave me a brownie and Maker's Mark. We laughed at the consistency of their branding, that the signature red wax was even on the tiny plastic, screw-top bottle. 

J brought Dynamo Donuts. I ate some of the Monte Cristo (ham, gruyere, jam) to get my savory fix and some of the Lemon Thyme donut.

Patty gave me a variety of chocolate bars. We ate a couple throughout the day. The quinoa bar was a "healthy" version of a Crunch bar. It was tasty. I appreciated the same crinkly sound the foil wrapper made when I opened it. A nostalgic sound of childhood.


Then it was time to shoot. This looks like some kind of pastry wheel. But no. It's a sex toy. That runs an electrical current through those spikes. I accidentally stabbed my finger with it. Very, very sharp. The hazards of my job. Here's the unedited image:

I was a little lazy with my editing (by this time I finished the little whisky bottle), but the image is good enough to go into production. Just don't look too closely.


I responded to every facebook post for my birthday. Over 80 thank-you's.

After work, I met MMB for drinks. I originally had no plans to do anything for my birthday, but he invited me out last minute. I hadn't hung out with him in a long time, so it was nice to catch up. We hit some gay bars.

I had 2.5 drinks, but I was pretty far gone by the time I got home. This is what I get for forgetting to eat dinner beforehand. I'm thankful I refrained from drunk-emailing.

I fell asleep by 11, but remembered to drink water and take ibuprofen beforehand.

This morning I only feel slightly gross. Welcome to 36.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you spent your birthday the way you wanted to and full of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the birthday month celebration thing is going well! I'm secretly making out with your savory donut as I type this...

    Eat dinner before drinks. I'm making you a t-shirt.

    love and love, ES

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!