Somehow I think I have time to post something right now, smushing (smooshing?) it between getting laundry done, making breakfast, drinking coffee, getting the Yosh ready for school, getting myself ready for work.
I haven't been sleeping well lately. Unsettling dreams, waking up at 5am, not feeling rested. Though, at least I'm able to fall asleep without trouble. Small joys.
Can I rant just a little about fruit flies? Thanks. It's that time of the year when they invade SF in droves. I set up an ACV trap last night. I've caught over 50 since then. Gross. I suppose it doesn't help that I keep my window open in the evening for a couple hours and the compost and trash bins are not too far away. I either have to deal with an 85 degree apartment or dozens of fruit flies milling about my kitchen. But this is way better than that one time when I accidentally let potatoes liquify in a kitchen drawer and got infested with maggots and flies back in my Portland days.
Okay, to balance out my venting, a few good things:
- wearing new nail polish
- first Fridays at work means catered lunch that is NOT the typical tiring pizza. Delicious sammiches!
- leaving work early a little today
- perfect Spotify playlists
The plan this evening is to meet up with Karl, who's passing through town by way of Seattle en route to SoCal. He's Tom's Caltech bff. Named after Marx, K is really great. I quickly usurped Tom's place once I met Karl. Okay, not quite, but he and I easily built a great friendship. The three of us used to play chess back in our days when we had our friend The Russian help develop our skills. For some reason, the way we played, always ended up like this: Tom beats me, I beat Karl, Karl beats Tom. I could never win against Tom, nor could he win against Karl, nor Karl against me. Nothing like a good triangle.
Aaaand now I'm running late!
Friday, September 05, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!