Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Experiences

Hello, friends. I got back from New York a few days ago. Lots of good adventuring, especially in Brooklyn. The weather was warm, dare I say HOT. Tank top weather for sure. Quick list of some of the things I did:
  • Ice cream and enjoying the music and artisan booths at Brooklyn Night Bazaar.
  • Night walking to the water's edge.
  • Brooklyn Botanic Garden (still a few stubborn sakura blossoms clinging to the trees).
  • Inhaling all the art at the gorgeous space at the new Whitney Museum.
  • Empanadas on the High Line.
  • Bourbon St ice cream from Ample Hills Creamery.
  • Putzed around Macy's photo studio in Brooklyn.
  • Got a secret, private tour of Macy's uh-may-zing, expansive archive (including shoes from the 1880s, bubble bath from the 1920s, a 5-foot plush Snoopy(!), the handwritten ledger book from the first year Macy's was in business, a half full bottle of whiskey from post-prohibition. Did you know that Macy's was the first place in NY to get their liquor license after prohibition ended? This bottle was what they sold!)
  • Polaroid photoshoot with Baystar.
  • Pie and cocktails with my cousin, his wife, and their friends in the LES.
  • Ramen on St. Mark's Pl.
  • Walked 10 miles around Central Park and along the Hudson River Greenway on Mother's Day.
  • Walking, more walking, everywhere walking.
  • And the subway. So many trains.
  • Rooftop views of the city.
  • Whiskey shots with Remster and her friends in NoHo.
  • Chilling at Washington Square.  
  • Exploring Roosevelt Island at night. Bonus: the Roosevelt Island Tram over the river.
  • "Secret" cheap burgers hidden inside the ultra fancy hotel. 
  • Playing tourist in Times Square.
  • EATING everything.
  • Sleeping in.
Further, I had lots of fun with my Brooklyn Gentleman Friend as many of these things on the list we did together. We went to coffee shops he frequents, walked many miles around NY, drank mildly, and laughed a lot. In our downtime we lazed languidly in his loft and watched videos. It was perfect.

I'm already daydreaming about my next trip out there.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm not sure if I should be sorry that I missed you or glad that I didn't take time away from your Gentleman Friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to see you. Next time for sure! xo.

      Delete

I love comments!