Still at the same job, but I'm enjoying it so much more now. See, 90% of the office employees moved to the new building, so starting this past week there are now about a dozen of us in the current space. It's refreshing to have the entire space to ourselves, where we get to create the rules together. The empowerment has given us all a huge morale boost. Everyone has been smiling and laughing. It's like elementary school when you get to rearrange the desks, only better. We all ate a catered lunch together at the new communal table to celebrate. We're a family. It's fantastic.
And speaking of fantastic, I met someone. He's wonderful: charismatic personality, dashing good looks, and an even kinder heart. We fell pretty quickly into this relationship, both not even seeking anything serious prior to meeting, but it feels right, and so we're exploring this new avenue together. I told him up front that I have a kid, and he wasn't scared, but rather intrigued. I've never dated anyone so supportive of my parenting life. When I'm parenting and not with him, he texts me to see what fun things Yoshi and I might be doing. It's really adorable.
The two of them met yesterday for the first time. Yoshi's summer camp is on the same block as the Boyf's office, so when I picked Yoshi up from camp we went to his work and had a snack there. I kept the meeting short and sweet, and it went swimmingly. Yoshi was almost immediately in goofball mode, which is a really great sign, as she only does that when she's very comfortable. Rarely is she like that with people she first meets.
Yoshi and I will be in Orange County next month, visiting my brother and his family for a week. Yoshi can't wait to play with her cousins again. She talks about them everyday.
Everything is falling into place. Life is good.
Friday, July 03, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life sounds good indeed. I hope to see you in my real life maybe before you go down south, however it sounds like as good as life is ... it's very full too. Know I'm with you in spirit, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI hope you take some more swimming pool photos of you and Yoshi this summer. Those are always so fun and cute. xoxo
Love the way things are looking up for you friend!!!! It's really heart-warming to hear you and my dancing queen are doing well. xo
ReplyDelete