Pages

Monday, September 05, 2016

It's that time again

My birth month! That's right. That time of the year when I celebrate being born for the entire month of September, sometimes flanking some days in August and October too. Eventually it'll be an entire season, then year, then life. (That's when I'll truly learn to love myself.)

So far, I've celebrated by:

- Going out with my fun-tastic mom-friends for 80s night where we danced better than the club-goers there who were born in the 90s. A dude there literally picked me up. Two feet in the air. And spun me right round, baby, right round, like a record, baby.



- Dinner and bar hopping
- Booked my flight to NYC for the end of the month. (Get ready, Nicky, I'm coming for ya!)
- Seeing Ms. Moon and her baby Meatball
- Making time to read more
- Crafting! I have this Crate and Barrel wine rack that I got as a wedding gift so very long ago, and while it's perfectly practical, it didn't match my decor that well. I'm always pinning gold bar carts on Pinterest, but what I really needed to do was just give my wine rack a facelift. So I got some liquid gold leaf (the gold leaf sheets would have been wayyy too tedious) from Cliff's Variety (50% cheaper than on Amazon, surprisingly), and yesterday went to town inhaling the enamel fumes and playing Midas with the golden touch. Now I want to gild everything in gold. Remind me to pick up another jar of that stuff.



We're less than a week into my birthday month and we're off to a great start.

1 comment:

  1. Celebrate it Lil' Snoop. We're celebrating you. There's a lot of good going on. People like you remind me of that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!