Because I'm a masochist, I'm inside my already incredibly-warm apartment instead of somewhere cooler, like say, under a canopy of trees.
Oh, I take that back. I'm moved to my balcony. Slightly cooler. And the slightest of occasional breezes. Ahhh.
Today is one of those rare days when it's summer and it's actually hot in SF. Typically it's in the mid-60's, but currently, it's 82 in my neighborhood. Anything over 75 is really too hot. It's 84 in my home, but I have the doors, windows, and fan running, so maybe I can keep it from getting too much warmer.
It's Pride month, and this weekend culminates in the big celebrations. I'll be heading to a block party later today for dancing, and I hope whatever fun eye makeup I do doesn't melt down my face.
Yoshi has been enjoying her teenage summer days. She finished her freshmen year off strong after a solid amount of struggling. Her school staff is incredibly supportive and did a great job helping her navigate her first year of high school. Yosh said she enjoyed this year despite some challenges, and it's possibly her favorite year of school so far (other than kindergarten, which might be the gold standard for her). She's made some very good friends and they all seem like great kids.
I went to Yosemite last week with R who was out here from Brooklyn. It was super duper fun and wacky, as we took all sorts of transportation modes that were not cars: trains, buses, an 8-seater jet (all to ourselves!). It was very eye-opening knowing that you can get to far-away, seemingly remote places sans car. He was thrilled watching me experience Amtrak for the first time (he loves trains). I was tickled watching him awe the natural beauty of Yosemite.
Next weekend I might go camping or do some sort of outdoorsy thing with new friend-boy. More nature!
This makes me realize I need to go on more vacations and little getaways. I've been getting so sucked into the stresses of work that I forget that there's more to life than those 50 hours in the office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!