I had some bloodwork done for my hyperthyroid condition so that required me not to take my half a pill of PTU this morning until after they drew the blood. I really didn't think that such a small amount of medicine had much effect on me, and that I was only taking this horribly bitter tasting pill twice a day because I'm a masochist. I ended up taking my medicine maybe one or two hours after I normally take it, but not before my hands started to shake. This is one of the signs of hyperthyroidism. Lots of nervous energy and uncontrollable shaking, like consuming too much caffeine or doing some crystal or coke. So I guess my hyperthyroid hasn't gone into remission yet. Gotta keep taking those damn pills. It's really annoying too because the dose is so small that I have to cut the pills in half which means more work for me. And the medication must be taken twice a day for it to work correctly. And these pills really dissolve fast, so no matter how quickly I drink down those pills, nor how much I drink, there is still that disgusting bitter taste left. There is also a bitter aftertaste that comes about 5 to 10 minutes after taking the pill, which ruins whatever meal I'm eating at the time, and I always take it during breakfast and dinner. I know that I'm lucky that I have such a minor case of hyperthyroid, and that my overall health is pretty good. Some others are not so lucky.
Wednesday, August 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!