So my friend Mario visited this weekend, and surprisingly, everyone had a good time. Now, if you know Mario (and I apologize Mario if you're reading this), then you know how rare an occurrence this is. We didn't really do much, just hung out like we did back in the day. It's nice when you have friends that you can do absolutely nothing with and say it was fun.
Mario left early, early this morning and I assume he made it back in one piece since I saw that he was just recently logged on AIM. I cooked this afternoon like a maniac, preparing all sorts of food for Yoshimi. I made batches of steamed plucots, peaches, pears, Japanese sweet potatoes, and golden beets. She already taste-tested the pears. I'm relieved that she's finally enthusiastic about solid food; I was beginning to worry that I'd be breastfeeding her until she left for college.
For dinner Tom made hamburgers out of real ground beef, not ground turkey like we usually eat. I figure that a good way to gain more weight is to increase my protein and fat intake, so that means I'll be buying red meat when I grocery shop. We topped the burgers with brie as an added fat bonus. YUM!!!
For dessert I'll be eating cookies and ice cream and drinking some brandy. Double yum!
Sunday, August 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!