Thursday, October 20, 2005
Mobile home
Tom and I have talked about making a mobile for a while now, but it wasn't until Sunday that we actually got off our lazy bums and took on the task. We used a bamboo garden stake for the main rod (hehe, "rod") and skewers tied with red wire for the other bars. White thread dangled different sizes of circles, squares, and rectangles made from paper, of course. Scrap yarn (and boy, do I have plenty of that!) ties the mobile in place from a water pipe up along the ceiling. Tom drew a preliminary sketch of the mobile, and being the nerd that he is, was way over ambitious in his drawing. He wanted something like 14 different dangling objects. I said, "Uh... this looks pretty complicated." He told me to draw what I wanted it to look like. I didn't feel like drawing it out, so I said, "Okay, let's go with your design." I began cutting out frames in various shapes and sizes out of construction paper and putting Yuzen, origami, tissue paper, and vellum within the frames. Had we actually went forth with his grand master plan, it would have hung all the way down to the ground, and being over 10 feet high. Anyway, here's the finished product:



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!