I admit, I had a good cry yesterday evening for a good one, maybe two minutes. That probably wasn't enough, but hey, at least I was able to release some tension.
Then I hit some bars.
My work friends took me out for my birthday month. I didn't drink a lot, but I was definitely not anywhere near sober by 2am when I
I'm tired today, of course. And I question why I'm blogging when I should probably just go to bed. Oh, that's right, I'm waiting for my nails to dry.
Let's rattle off my list of little joys, shall we?
- super quick DMV appt today. 9 minutes and I walked out of there with a renewed C M1 license since my current one expires TOMORROW. I'm sure I look hungover in my photo. No one is supposed to look good in their license pics, right?
- bought lunch at BiRite since it's close to the DMV. I love that grocery store.
- walked back to work since I had time. Enjoyed the sunshine.
- eye appointment yesterday. I'm getting glasses! I'm very excited about this because I love accessories and nerd paraphernalia. The best of both worlds. Apparently I'm nearsighted in one eye, and far sighted in the other, but only when I look in certain directions, otherwise my vision is perfectly fine. But I "need" glasses for both distances. So, two pairs.
- shooting more at work. while it's stressful because we have a hardly any time to put much time/effort into our shots, it's always good practice. I'm glad I have more opportunities to shoot things. I'm trying to get better/faster/more efficient.
- made ice cream tonight. Yoshi's favorite. We had a nice evening together.
- tattoo is healing nicely. That is, if you consider a black, family crest-shaped scab "healing nicely." Honestly though, I'm really happy with it. It's going to be fantastic in a few weeks.
- been riding my bike again. Yay! Last night I saw the car I ran into from the accident, parked in the exact same place as it was two months ago. I laughed. My finger is still injured, but now has increased mobility and less pain.
- this evening I found out Cibo Matto will be performing in my 'hood next month. Bought my ticket immediately. Two CM concerts in one year?! What luck! (An aside: I want to dye my hair blond like Miho Hatori. So bad-ass. Maybe one day.)
Time to sleep now. Hopefully I will have a more restful night. I can't even remember the last time I had a pleasant dream.
Love that you're on the mend. "muah"
ReplyDelete